Who can have a hair, eyebrow, and beard transplant?
Those who suffer from a hair, eyebrow, and beard problem due to genetic factors or stress, depression, seborrheic skin disease, alopecia areata, etc...
The FUE method is the most preferred and recommended technique for hair transplant. In the FUE method, hair strands are taken one by one, and then are transferred to hairless areas. Before the transplant, the donor hair strands in the transplant area are shortened to 1 mm. The hair strands to be transplanted (follicular units) are placed into the transplant are one by one. Since local anesthesia is administered, no pain is felt during the procedure.
The FUE method is not applicable to all patients, and the procedure begins if the patient is found to be eligible after certain tests. In this procedure, the healing occurs very rapidly and then the patient can easily resume his/her daily life. The number of hair strands that grow after the procedure is almost the same with the number of hair strands transplanted.
The FUE method is also applied to eyebrow and beard transplant procedures. Eyebrows can be damaged and consequently get weaker and thinner due to scarring, burn, skin disorders, and long-term eyebrow plucking intended for a thinner appearance. Eyebrow transplant with the FUE method involves the transplantation of hair follicles from the nape of the neck to the eyebrow area. Eyebrow transplant is performed based on the drawing of the desired shape.
When can the results of hair transplant be accomplished?
Most of the hair strands falls off within 2-6 weeks; however, the hair follicles remain under the skin. After about 10 weeks, new hair strands begin to grow out of the existing hair follicles. The time after 8-12 months is the best time to evaluate the results. The hair becomes thicker with each passing day, and its thickness gets close to the thickness of the hair in the nape of the neck.
Can women have a hair transplant?
Hair loss seen in woman differs from that in men. The level of testosterone hormone in women is quite lower than that of men. Therefore, the problem of hair loss in women may occur due to different causes. If the doctor finds appropriate after evaluations, hair transplant is performed.
Points to take into consideration after hair transplant?
- The operation site does not come into contact with water, for a period of 2 days.
- The use of cosmetics should be avoided.
- The patient performs the first scalp-wash by the 3rd day after operation; and the patient is shown practically the washing method.
- Blood leaks coagulate and lead to scab formation in the areas of hair transplant.
- Scab formation is definitely not intervened.
- It is recommended to apply cold compress with ice as much as possible, to prevent swelling that may occur in the first postoperative days.
- The patient should not swim in the pool or the sea, should not go to the tanning booths and saunas, and should abstain from doing exercise for a period of 1 month.
- Those who have a transplant in the summer months should wear a hat for sunlight and heat protection.
- The patient is recommended to lie back and try to ensure that the transplant region does not come into contact with the pillow as much as possible.