Who must have an abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)?
The abdominoplasty procedure is performed on people who have given birth or who have dramatically gained and lost weight.
The abdominal region is one of the regions that get most rapidly deformed due to rapid weight gain and lose, especially during and after pregnancy in women. Childbirth loosens and cracks the skin of the abdomen in particular, and also leads to a rounded abdomen. Today, abdominal deformities can cause people to encounter serious problems in social areas. For people, flat and tight abdomen is now the indicator of vitality and health.
Abdominoplasty operations are too often performed in "middle-aged and older female patient group. Aging, weight gains and losses, postpartum sagging and stretch marks are the major factors that impair the tightness and beauty of the abdominal region. When we say abdominal aesthetics, the first things that come to our mind are abdominoplasty and liposuction surgeries.
Abdominoplasty operations are performed with mini abdominoplasty and full abdominoplasty procedures. Abdominal wall repair can also be performed during abdominoplasty operations, in accordance with the patient's needs.
Liposuction (fat removal) can be added to abdominoplasty operations. Adding the liposuction procedure to the operation can be a necessity for patients with excess fat accumulation in their waist and upper abdominal region.
Is it necessary to lose weight before abdominoplasty?
Being overweight is one of the biggest risks before all surgical procedures. Overweight patients have difficulty in standing up after surgery, and their wounds heal more slowly. This also causes lung problems to be more often encountered. In line with this information, especially obese patients are advised to lose weight before surgery.
What are experienced after abdominoplasty surgery?
- After the operation, the patient wears an abdominal corset.
- After 1 week, patients can return to their daily lives.
- The patient is fed 3 to 4 hours after the operation, and then can stand up.
- In the first days, patients should walk bending forward for protecting the sutures from strain.
- They can lie on their sides the next night after surgery.
- Exercises other than abdominal exercises can be started 3 weeks after surgery.
- After six weeks, all kinds of sports activities can be resumed.