Labiaplasty is one of the most commonly encountered genital aesthetic problems in women. Labiaplasty surgery is performed with intent to correct the protruding and sagging of the labia minora in the genital area. The labia minora lose its aesthetic appearance and protrudes over the labia majora, due to certain factors such as the advancing age, the labia's structure, births, and intense sexual life. This condition disrupts the aesthetic appearance and attracts attention by creating a bulge under the bikinis and swimsuits; and also restricts patient's movements by disturbing her. Labiaplasty surgery performed under local or general anesthesia in 30 to 40 minutes does not cause damage to the hymen.
Long-lasting solutions are obtained with labiaplasty surgery. However, in case of successive births, the aesthetic appearance obtained with the surgical reduction of the labia minora may be impaired to a certain extent.
Similar procedures can be performed with laser and radiofrequency.
- The surgical procedure involves the use of self-dissolving sutures, which disappear spontaneously after a week.
- There is no need to dress the wound. The surgical site is just cleaned with warm water.
- Attention should be paid to keeping the area dry.
- The patient can take a bath 3 days after surgery. As the point to take into consideration, the patient should take a bath while standing upright.
- Sexual intercourse, sea and pool are prohibited for a period of 1 month after surgery.
- No scar remains after surgery.